Monday, April 14, 2008

No Country For Old Men

I finally got around to seeing "No Country for Old Men" this evening, in the one movie theater that shows English language movies three times a week. I was almost expecting to be disappointed after all the hype that's been made about it, but in the end, it was probably one of the best movies of the year. It was definitely one of the most tense movies of the year. So maybe some of the plot points didn't quite make sense, but I'm still digesting and maybe they will after a while. If you haven't seen the movie, I recommend you check it out.

---

In other news, it appears as if Italy is actually a country for old men, since they just elected 71-year old Silvio Berlusconi to his 3rd time in office as prime minister. This being a man who owns much of the media, has been on trial several times and during the campaign called for prosecutors to take sanity tests every few years. I haven't followed Italian politics too much, so I'm not sure why a seemingly sane people would elect this man again. Then again...

No comments: