Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Music Recommendations

Since CDs are massively overpriced here (17 Euros for a new release?!) and Amazon doesn't exist in Italy, I'm relying on some MP3 blogs and the iTunes free song of the week to get some new music to listen to. Here are a couple of tracks that I've been listening to a lot recently:
  • Rodrigo y Gabriela: "Diablo Rojo"
    I know I'm a few years behind on this one, but I just discovered this song. Catchy, foot-tapping, flamenco and folk-inspired, with amazing guitarwork.
  • She & Him: "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?"
    Nice, slightly sugary, summery indie-pop.
  • Dengue Fever: "Hold My Hips"
    An American band covering hits of Cambodian pop music.
  • Nation Beat: "Nago Nago"
    I've listened to some albums of Brazilian music recently, such as Forro in the Dark and Brasileirinho, and it's much more than just samba and bossa nova. On this track, Nation Beat combine Brazilian music with... bluegrass?!! Hey, it works. You can download 3 songs on their site for free under "download"

No comments: